Nothing can beat a good pot of homemade soup! This recipe for sweet potato, red onion and chilli is perfect to warm you up on a cold winters night, only taking 30 minutes to make.
Soup was one of the first dishes I made when learning how to cook and it really helped my confidence as you can’t go wrong with soup.
The soup is so tasty that after making some for my mum to take for her lunch at work, i had requests off her colleagues to make some for them! The best thing about it is that it costs literally next to nothing to make and is super low in calories.
I found this recipe form Goodtoknow. I would highly recommend having a look on the website as there so many other brilliant recipes to follow.
.2 mild red chilli’s
.2 tablespoon’s on butter
.2 red onions
. 3 gloves of garlic
.2 sweet potatoes
.2 chicken or veg stock cubes
- Chop up the sweet potato, onion, chilli’s and garlic
- Heat 2 tablespoons of butter in pan for 2 minutes
- Add in the onion, letting it sweat for couple of minutes. Then add the rest of the veg. Mixing it together for a fen minutes.
- Put the the two stock cubes in a measuring jug and add 1L of hot water.
- Add the stock to pan. On a low heat, let it simmer for 10/15 minutes.
Finally, put the contents of the pot into a blender. Blend for around 30/40 seconds.
Cost and servings
The cost of buying the veg and stock cubes was £4.10 and it easily made 6 bowls of soup. This recipe is mega purse friendly as it equates to 68p per portion!
Let me know what you think of this recipe by leaving a comment.
Follow me on twitter @jensmith927
Instagram – jens_kitchenideas