After Christmas and new year, i think it’s safe to say that most people feel its time for a detox. My first recipe, healthy Carbonara, is perfect for anyone looking to eat healthier. Only 279 calories, you can have a tasty meal without feeling too guilty. This dish only takes 12 minutes to prepare and includes just a few simple ingredients!
I came across the recipe from The Hairy Dieters recipe book, which is great for low calorie but great tasting meals. It was one of the first recipes I tried as i started out in my adventure in the kitchen.
. 75g of dried pasta- spagetti, tagliatelle, ligunine ( my favorite ) any can be used
.2 rashers of lean smoked back bacon
.200g of small chestnut mushrooms
. 10 cherry tomatoes
. 4 tbsp half fat creme fraiche
. parmasan cheese
. black pepper
- Fill a pan half way with water and once boiled, add the pasta. Leave for around 12 minutes. Keep stiring every so often.
- While patsa is cooking, cut the bacon into strips, taking off any fat around the sides.
- Add mushroom and bacon into pan. Spray pan with oil so it doesn’t stick. let it fry for a couple of minutes until brown
- chop tomatoes in half, add into pan and fry for 1 minute.
- Drain the pasta then add to pan
- lastly, add in the crème fresh, parmesan and black pepper to the pan. Give it a good stir.
- serve and enjoy
cost and servings
Even though I made a portion made for two, there is definetly enough for another 5 serving. That would work out roughly around £1.15 per serving as in total it came to £8.02.
Keep up to date by following me social media