For this weeks recipe, I thought I would share the most indulgent recipe I know- Chocolate Motlton lava pudding! Most of the recipes I have have posted have been healthy, I thought it was only fair to treat you to to a treat.
The chocolate molten lava pudding serves 2 and takes 30 minutes to prepare and bake. It’s an ideal dessert to share with someone else ( or enjoy both yourself).
As always, this recipe is purse friendly.The only two ingredient I had tobuy was the cooking chocolate and the vanilla essence. The rest of the ingredient’s, are items that most people will have in their cupboards.
I found the recipe on Spoon university. This is a great website made with young people in mind. The recipes are simple so perfect if like me, you are looking to build your confidence in the kitchen.
. 1 egg
. 80 grams of chocolate
.2 teaspoon of sugar
. 2 tablespoons of flour
. 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
.1 1/2 tablespoons of unsalted butter ( little more for greasing the pots)
- grease the pots with a little bit of butter
- preheat the oven to 170 degrees
- melt the butter in a pan, start to add the chocolate in. Keep in on a low heat
- whisk the egg, sugar and vanilla essence together. Add into chocolate mixture
- add the flour in. Rather than mix it, you need to fold it in. The mixture should thick and looks tempting to eat
- pour the mixture into the little pots and place in the oven for 8- 10 minutes.
- take out of the oven and let them stand for 10 minutes
- place on a plate and turn it upside down for 5 minutes. Then take the puddings out and VOILA – the puddings are ready to enjoy.
Watch the my video below to follow the simple steps to make the chocolate molten lava dessert.
Cost and servings
I only had to buy the chocolate and vanilla essence as i had everything else in the house. This meant it only cost me £1.44 and the ingredients made 2 molten lava puddings.
let me know what you think of this recipe by leaving a comment!
Follow me on Twitter @jensmith927
Instagram – jens_ktichenideas