This weeks recipe is a salad with CHEESY twist – Halloumi.
Halloumi is great to add in to a Salad as it fills you up. This recipe is perfect when you need something to whip up quickly. I have used basil & tomatoes but there is nothing to stop you getting creative, using left over veg you have.
. 3 slices of Halloumi
.packet of fresh basil
. 6 cherry tomatoes
. Chillie flakes ( opiontal)
- Heat a 2 table spoonful’s of oil in a frying pan. Cut three slices of Halloumi and place in pan.
- Fry for a couple of minutes, keep turning the slices over until they are a golden brown colour.
- Cut the Tomatoes in half and fry with the Halloumi. Stir the pan to mix everything together until Tomatoes are slightly brown.
- Put the Halloumi and Tomatoes to one side
- Put three table spoons of oil in pan and let it heat for a few minutes. Then add a spoonful and a half of chilli flakes into the pan. Give the mixture a good stir. Let boil for a couple of minutes.
- As the chilli oil simmers, spread the basil leaves equally out amongst the bowls. Then add the Halloumi and Tomatoes on top.
- pour the chilli oil over the dishes but be careful not to drown the salad in oil.
cost and serving
For the Tomatoes, basil and Halloumi, it came to a grand total of £3.79 which made 4 portions. This is definitely a purse friendly meal as its 95p per dish! The oil and chilli flakes were additional items i had in the kitchen but would have been an extra £4.10 ( bearing in mind you would get plenty more use out the items).
Let me know what you think of this recipe my leaving a comment!
follow me on Twitter – @jensmith92
Instagram – jens_kitchenideas