January is the month for going to the gym and green smoothies but you need a little treat to get you through the long, dull month. The little pots of Banoffee pie, is the perfect treat. This is actually one of my best friends mum’s recipe. I was always so excited to go to Lili’s for dinner in the off chance her mum, Monica would make Banoffee pie.
Since becoming more confident in the kitchen, there was no need for anyone else to have to make it for me. Taking under 15 minutes to make, It’s so easy to prepare, you could do it blind folded.
.95g of digestive biscuits
. A banana
. 150ml of double cream
. tinned caramel
- Crush digestive biscuit by putting the biscuits in a bag and smashing it up with a rolling pin.
- melt around 2 table spoons of butter in a pan then mix crushed biscuit into it until the mixture becomes a golden brown colour.
- Put the biscuit mixture into little pots. Anything can be used like ramekins. Fill to half way then put in fridge for 20 minutes.
- Take pots out of the fridge and with a knife, generously spread the caramel on top of it.
- Chop up a banana and place a couple of slices of banana on top of the caramel.
6. Whip the cream either using a machine or a fork, until it becomes very thick.
7. Spoon the cream on top of the banana then smooth over with a knife.
I added chocolate sprinkles for decoration but it still tastes good without.
Cost & servings
I made 5 pots from the idgediants I had.The total came to £4.08 so per portion, that’s only 96p!
Follow me on